Pink Lillis’ Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins and FREE digital download!
Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins
These are amazing chocolatey banana muffins! Here at Pink Lilli we watch the amount of sugar we eat, so these are naturally sweetened with honey. These are grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
These muffins don’t taste gluten free and sugar free! They taste like the real deal! They’re not too chocolatey but just enough that you won't be able to eat all of them at once.
This is another great recipe to keep in mind when trying to use up the old bananas. Adding bananas is a great way for some added nutrients. If you don’t like the taste of banana and chocolate together, these probably aren’t for you.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 18 min Ready in: 28 min Yield: 24 ish muffins
4 medium super ripe bananas
2/3 cup honey
4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or booze, read below to find out what we used!)
2/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 cups almond flour or sunflower seed flour (we used half and half)
6 tablespoons coconut flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line 2 muffin tins with 12 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the bottom of a glass. They should almost be like a puree.
3. Add the honey and vanilla and stir. (we used butterscotch schnapps!)
4, Add in the eggs and oil and stir until well combined.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir just until combined and then stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and sprinkle on additional chocolate chips, if desired.
8. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to confuse a melted chocolate chip with the batter.
9. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or in the freezer. They are delicious when frozen also!
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!!!
Get your FREE digital download of the recipe here!